- Wabi usage. We already implemented consumers receiving WaBi when they scan products. It’s working on a small pilot scale now and people are taking it with interest. Improvements are made and new features are added continuously, we plan to have the first consumer purchase of WaBi tokens before the end of the year, just like we communicated in the WP.
- We have the wine/alcohol labels ready and going into production next week. The production facility normally takes 3-4 weeks to make the labels but with New Year holidays it may take a bit longer. We are also choosing the portfolio of alcohol products to use the labels with (founders Yas and Alex are avoiding testing alcohols personally to keep up productivity). We’ll keep you posted on the progress.
- We are working on Walimai Shelf 2.0 version. While the design of shelves we had so far is not bad we believe we can do much better. Looks like it will not be cheap to produce but we are working in the area of premium products, so, giving the premium experience to our consumers is an important element of success. The 2.0 version will be not evolution vs. what we have now. It’s rather a revolution within retail space.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:
- From the outset I wanted to be clear about “partnerships”. The term “partnership” if frequently abused in crypto space and we will never fall into obscure usage of the term. For example, if we hired a new accounting firm, got admitted to an incubator – we will not call it “a partnership”. We will not masquerade an MOU/agreement with a development zone as a National level partnership and post-national anthem in our twitter. That’s just not us. We will explicitly state what we do with which organisation.
- Moreover, serious business negotiations are always confidential and no names or details can be shared publicly until it’s agreed upon by both parties. Leaking the info is disrespectful to business partners and quickly leads to a B2B blacklist. We will not go that route.
- Exchanges. We have plans to list on more exchanges. However, just like it was with Binance, we will not share any news upfront. You will hear from the exchange that we’ve been listed, only then we will share the news. If anyone is speculating that we are being listed somewhere by a certain date – these can only be speculations, take it with a pinch of salt.
- There are multiple discussions going on with producers, associations and government organisations, on different continents. It is too early to announce anything yet, we’ll share more when time comes.
- Having said that I can share that we do have a plan of selling through at least 1000 outlets by end of year 2018. We already started implementing the plan of adding both individual and baby store chains (each tends to have 100+ shops in China).
- We are very excited to announce Bruno Mercier joining our advisory team. Bruno worked as CEO and Chairman of Auchan China for 15 years and brings both deep understanding of developing a retail channel, M&A in the space as well as personal connections that will help us bring the safe products to more people fast (already helping with that actually). Bruno has also previously worked at McKinsey and Company and we are very excited to welcome him to our advisory team.